Got this in an email from a family friend. Thought I’d share.
*Lesson # 1:*
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Proposed Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000(Remember we have had no budget the for past 3 years – compliments of the U. S. Senate.)
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:*
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $**385**
Got It ?????*
OK now Lesson # 2:*
*Here’s another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let’s say, we come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in the neighborhood….and our home has sewage all the way up to the ceilings.
What do you think we should do ……
Raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?
The choice is coming Nov. 2012. *
*Vote wisely. *